Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our new living room

My mom visited us a couple of weeks ago. It was great to have her down here, for many reasons. One of those reasons is that she helps us to accomplish some of the things that we want to do, but have been hesitant to do because we're not sure how they will turn out. For example, Julie and I have talked about painting the downstairs bathroom, but neither of us is very good about visualizing how different colors will look once they're on the wall, etc. And, although I've painted walls, etc. many times in my life, it's still not something that I feel very confident about.

Thanks to my mom's encouragement, we now have a fresh coat of peach-colored paint adorning our downstairs bathroom. It looks great. I would've included a photo, but I wouldn't be able to get a good angle to show what it now looks like. So, you'll just have to come and visit and find out for yourself!

What I can show you are photos of what our living room now looks like. Julie has wanted to rearrange the furniture to give it a more open look. Mom and Julie collaborated, and I provided the muscle, and now we have a great-looking living room. Here are the photos to prove it:







1 comment:

Dan and Nicole said...

It looks good Dad! We really like the pictures above the couch!