Sunday, November 27, 2022

November 2022!

It's been a busy and amazing month, so let's get started!

We started out the month with a trip to St. George to see some of our mission buddies...

These guys are just the BEST! Forever and always...

We laughed so hard! We had a great time. I'm not sure why we didn't play any games, though...hmmm.

I also learned a new skill while I was there...

FLYING A JET! Ok, just kidding...you know me so well.

We just happened to find out that our sister-in-law, Becky, was doing an "Art in the Park" that weekend IN ST. GEORGE!! It was so fun to surprise her!

And we were surprised to find Millie there too! Way fun!

Becky even talked us into tapping into our artistic side...

Yep, we did that!

The following week we spent a super fun day in Prescott...



Ok, everyone say it with me...SO MUCH JOY!

They are growing so fast I can't stand it. Oh, and then this happened...

Meet Otto Arthur Klundt, our 5th grand baby.

He surprised us by coming 3 weeks early, but all went well and he brought joy, happiness, love, adoration, and SO MUCH CUTENESS to this world.

As if that weren't enough good things, the next week we traveled to California to be with my family for Thanksgiving. Life is good!

And I mean that sincerely even though this happened on our way there...


DO NOT BE ALARMED!

So, we were headed down I-10 just about to come into Quartzite when out from underneath the motorhome in front of us a large metal plate came right toward us. Suddenly everything seemed to be in slow motion and yet it happened so fast. It seemed to be moving upward like it was going to go over the top of the car, but then it just fell on the windshield and bounced off. Miracle #1- we were not hurt despite being covered from head to toe in glass. There was not a mark on us! Miracle #2 - we were very close to an exit with a service station and we made it there with no problem. Miracle #3 - after calling all over for a place nearby to fix it that day (haha) we found a place in Hemet (right where we were going) that had the right windshield in stock and could fix it the next day. Miracle #4 - my brother, Jon, had a trailer that could tow the car and he was able to come out and rescue us.

Thank you, Jon!

Miracle #5 - while we were waiting 3+ hours for Jon to come, we were able to sit in a Carl's Jr. and play games!!! Life is so, so good!

We went on to have an amazing and super fun Thanksgiving! 

This is a deep fried turkey that was a first for me.

Can I just say DELICIOUS? JUICY? AMAZING? Yep, all three.

Nana's buckeyes...Thank you, Tracy, for making them, with all of my heart!

The best, of course, was the family time...

So many beautiful nieces.

So many beautiful pies.

Lots of baby holding, a joyful highlight!

Family is just the best thing ever.

We drove up to Idyllwild Friday morning to see where my brother, Mike, and his family live. I don't usually get car sick when I'm in the front seat, however,...oh, never mind. We played lots of games, ate pizza and basically a great time was had by all...


I can't believe how much joy there is in the world!

We made it home Friday night very tired, but with our windshield intact! 

Now on to a merry Christmas season!

Best gift ever.

We love you, family and friends. Thank you for the love.

Scott and Julie

No comments: