Tuesday, August 19, 2014

BYU Graduation

Last week we went to Utah to help Jared celebrate receiving his PhD from BYU.  We had a great time and are so happy for Jared and this amazing milestone in his life!

Provo/BYU is still very green and pretty.  We had a couple of warm afternoons, nothing major, but it was mostly cool and refreshing with some rain storms to liven things up.
 

On Thursday we went to Commencement.  Elder Russell M. Nelson was the commencement speaker. We had great seats with a great view of where Jared was sitting.  Although, it may be hard to tell through all the blurriness of my photos!
The graduates are filing in!
Jared is in the front row with his head turned this way. Sorry for the blurriness.  I still haven't learned how to take good photos when I am zooming in!
Another blurry pic, but there he is on his way out with a big smile on his face!

Ah, much better photo.  Congratulations Jared!
Another awesome picture with the brilliant rays of sun shining down on our happiness! Couldn't have planned it better!
 The next morning we went to the convocation ceremony where Jared received his diploma.
 

Proud dad! We are so happy for you Jared!
Didn't graduate, but what a cute couple!
After convocation we went out to lunch at Pizzeria 712.  We had never heard of it before but are glad Jared introduced us to it.  They had delicious food!  Cate's family came up from Las Vegas for the festivities and joined us for lunch.  
Here are the two lawyers stepping outside to take work calls! I couldn't resist getting a shot of that!
As of Monday, Jared is now a full time employee of BYU.  He will be teaching classes and doing counseling. Looking forward to hearing about the great things he and Cate will experience in the future.  We love you!

3 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Thanks, Julie. It was a great couple of days and I'm thankful I could be a part of it.

Klundt Family said...

I'm not sure if it's just my computer screen, but the photos make my shirts look like they were something from back in the disco days. I can assure everyone that (1) I wore different shirts to commencement and convocation, and (2)each day, my shirt was a conservative blue with vertical stripes! -- Scott

Karina said...

Of course the lawyers have to take their phone calls! How else can they morally justify billing their clients for the entire weekend? :)