Thursday, May 29, 2014

Marlowe's 80th Birthday Blast!

Last weekend Scott and I drove up to St. George for Marlowe's 80th birthday party.  Most of the kids were there and it was great to catch up with some that I hadn't seen for years.  Upon arrival on Saturday, we had dinner and then drove over to Brigham's Playhouse to watch Annie Jr.  It was a really cute show.  Then we went back to the house for some visiting and waited for latecomers to arrive. Then Scott and I went back to our hotel and as we were driving into the parking lot, we noticed that Brick Oven, which was wonderfully situated right next door to the hotel, was still open.  I may or may not have subconsciously picked that hotel for the location of Brick Oven.  I am not admitting to anything though.  Scott asked me if I wanted to go.  My first thought was that it was 11pm and a ridiculous hour to go get something to eat.  My next thought was that it was Brick Oven and so I said yes!  So glad we didn't pass on that opportunity!
YUM!

The next morning we went to church and then we all gathered at the club house for the birthday celebration.  Here are some of the highlights:
The club house was a perfect place for everyone to gather and have lots of room for activities.

Some enjoyed playing pool while others got into an intense game of chicken foot.
 There was even shuffleboard and horseshoes outside.  Scott spent lots of time playing outside with the kids.  Regan, the girl in the above photo, creamed us both at shuffleboard several times.  Pretty embarrassing.
Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate cream filling.  It doesn't get any better than that! Good choice Marlowe!

And three gallons of ice cream.  Need I say more?
Happy 80th Marlowe!  You look great!!

Anxiously waiting......
Long day!
That evening we watched Saratov Approach and visited some more.  It was so fun to be with everyone and celebrate Marlowe's life.  We love you Marlowe and are so grateful to be a part of your family!!

We also had the opportunity to go visit my lifelong friend, Cheryl, and her family while we were there.  Cheryl and I were seminary and girls' camp buddies and then roommates at Heritage Halls.  I am so glad she was with me through all of that.  Thanks for getting me through!!
Friends for 35 years and counting!
It was another great trip.  Now we are home for a few weeks and then off to Vegas for Jared's wedding.  So stay tuned!!

No comments: