Sunday, September 29, 2013

Utah Trip

I spent this past week in Utah visiting with family and friends.  It was so fun and the weather was SUPER!  (By "super" I mean cool and rainy, which is not most people's definition so I thought I would clarify.)  I flew up on Monday and spent the afternoon with my roomies, Pam and Ellen, two forever friends that I love so much!  We had lunch at the Lion House and gabbed for about 3 hours catching up.  Then we walked around City Center, Temple Square, and the Church Office Building grounds:
There are flower gardens all over the grounds and they are gorgeous!!
 
Pam dropped me off at Nicole's and I spent the next few days PLAYING!  Camden is talking up a storm and in complete sentences no less.  Nicole is doing such a great job of teaching him things everyday.  He can count to 13 and knows his ABC's and colors.  And he is so much fun!!  Some of these photos are a little blurred because he would just not stay still, but you get the idea.  This first photo is compliments of Nicole who was able to get the perfect pose!
 His favorite activities include puzzles, playing with his toy food, playing trucks, coloring, and building towers: 


Helping Mom put his trucks away:
 We also spent a morning at the Thanksgiving Point Farm:

Thank you Dan and Nicole for everything!  On Wednesday, I went down to Provo to see Jared.  Jo Ann came down also and we were able to see Jared's office at the BYU Counseling Center, go see his new house, and go to dinner.  Thanks Jared for picking such a yummy place to eat and for showing us around!  Whenever I go to Provo, I get a little homesick for those days of yore.  I love the atmosphere and LOVE being at BYU. 
I also spent some time with Jo Ann and she helped me shop for some new clothes for our cruise - an actual positive experience shopping where I found some things to buy- thank you Jo Ann for all your great advice!  I was also able to visit with my dear friend Jackie.  So great to reconnect with forever friends!  It snowed in Lehi the day AFTER I left!  But I was able to get a shot at the airport of some snow on the mountains when I was leaving to come home. 
Thanks to all for the fun week!  Scott stayed home this week and did his normal routine while also taking care of our home and Riley.  I feel so blessed to have such a loving husband who is so supportive in all of my running around!  I will update again after our cruise, 12 days and counting!  Until then......




3 comments:

Dan and Nicole said...

It was fun to have you! Camden and I enjoyed the company. Sorry you missed the snow but it was very brief. I'm sure we will be able to get more for you in the next six months!

Jo Ann said...

Great pictures and commentary, Julie. It was fun to have you here.

Reschke Gang said...

Sure was great to be together and share the beauty of temple square...It's amazing that you are hitting that important birthday very soon...looking forward to seeing the blog of your trip!